Right of Way Permitting

Per city ordinance, all utility contractors working in the right of ways of the City of Oak Forest must have a contractor's license from the Public Works Department.

You Must Renew Each Year

This license must be renewed annually prior to January 1.  Permits and plans for each job must be sent to the Public Works Department for review along with the permit review fee.  Submittals should be sent to the Public Works Department. If your utility franchise agreement exempts your company from the permit fees, you are still required to submit the permit application and obtain a permit – the fee will be waived.

All Sub-Contractors Must Be Licensed

Please note that all sub-contractors must be licensed with the City of Oak Forest and they must be entered on your permit applications. Important features of the ordinance are the insurance regulations with the contractor's registration and the required surety for restoration work.