Citizens' Advisory Commission
- 7:15 p.m.
- 8:15 p.m. (August, September and October)
- First and third Thursday of each month
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Agenda | View All Agendas and Minutes
The Citizens Advisory Commission acts as a bridge between Oak Forest residents and the Mayor, City Council and Administration by crafting suggestions and recommendations to improve city services; review and evaluate projects as assigned to the commission by the Mayor and City Council as well as acting as a volunteer resource for the community of Oak Forest.
- Reviewed the trash hauling agreement between the city and its hauler as well as those of 15 other communities. During the review process, two haulers made presentations to the commission. We held open meetings to secure input. After the review was completed a presentation was made to the Mayor and City Council.
- Assisted in the development of the Strategic Planning Initiative Survey. As a commission, we attended all public meetings relative to the initiative. The commission was the gathering point for all of the completed surveys with the actual compilation of the data being the responsibility of the commission. Once complied, a presentation was made to the Mayor and City Council.
- Acted as a facilitator between the Oak Forest Fire Department and Oak Forest High School for the development of a curriculum for Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) and, potentially, paramedic classes at the high school (similar to a cadet program).
- Acted as a facilitator between the Oak Forest Police Department and Oak Forest High for the potential development of a cadet program.
- Developed ideas in the general category of "safety" and presented these ideas for consideration and implementation by the City Council.
For more information, please send an e-mail to the commission or call 708-687-4050, ext. 1610.