ComEd® Energy Efficiency Program
Oak Forest is the first suburb to benefit from the ComEd® Energy Efficiency Program partnered with the Chicagoland Vintage Home Association (CVHA). CVHA, formerly the Chicago Bungalow Association, has helped 3700 homes in Chicago for the past 17 years with a staggering satisfaction rating of 9.98 out of 10! Check your eligibility below and apply. No detailed financial information needed!
To qualify for this program you must meet the following criteria:
- Vintage single-family home built at least 50 years ago
- Home must be owner-occupied and receive electric delivery service from ComEd
- Located in Cook County
- Household income of 80% Area Median Income (AMI) or lower—see chart below:
If you are eligible to take advantage of this program, here's how the process works:
- APPLY - Complete and submit the application either online or with the paper form. Paper forms are available at the City Hall front desk or you can download one here. Remember that no detailed financial information is needed except an approximate household income.
- HOME ASSESSMENT - Once approved, the contractor will contact you to schedule a home assessment to discover areas prone to air leaks and drafts, explain the program qualification and review the work plan with you. The home assessment is estimated to take 1-2 hours.
- WEATHERIZATION WORK - After your home eligibility is verified during the home assessment visit, CVHA will send an approval letter so you can schedule your weatherization work. The contractor will need an estimated time of 6-8 hours to implement the approved work. This work may be scheduled Monday - Friday. Saturdays are also available. Once the improvements are finished, the contractor will provide a complete clean-up and restoration to the work areas in your home.
If you have any questions, please contact the Chicagoland Vintage Home Association at 312-675-0300 extension 13.
ACT FAST! Approvals are limited this year!